Even though my last post was in June, so much has changed in the Rikard household. I have to say, I thought Gary was playing when he came in the house that hot July day to sit me down and tell me something big may be happening in his career very soon. He said it was just a possibility and honestly I didn't think much of it. The reason I didn't is because we were so settled in our dream home, dream church and yes, even our dream school. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else because it was the only true home Laura ever had. Her brothers were close by and we were all sitting pretty. Her teacher in the Reach program had become my hero and I couldn't wrap my head around her being at any other school. Northpoint Christian did so much for my child and I loved EVERY bit of their program. I prayed for God's will, but secretly hoped it was just an honor for his name to be mentioned. Then, wham...the interview, then wham the job offer. I couldn't breathe...I couldn't even imagine how drastic our lives were going to change because I had never been so comfortable in my life or had so many friends. I was the happiest I think I have ever been. I knew it was meant to be when we sold the house on Facebook within days. I knew it was meant to be when God placed a house in our laps very quickly in Madison and we closed with a difference of $50.54. We downsized a pretty good bit, so it was a lot of work selling and getting rid of stuff we didn't need. So are you ready for this? Honestly, I love our new house better. Can you believe that? I love how much smaller it is and it is less for me to take care of. Also, after the doors were closed on the private school in our area, we decided to try public school which is literally 5 mins down the road. This allowed me to stay at home for awhile and be able to concentrate on our little family. I didn't realize how run down I had gotten. I didn't realize I needed a break from working in the church because my relationship with God was suffering. When you work in a church, you see SO much you don't want to sometimes. Although it was a lot of fun, lots of joy and I made incredible friends, I didn't concentrate on my family or bible studies as much as needed. So now, I am. You see, this is ALL better in the end. What I thought was going to be a huge disaster has turned into the biggest blessing. The biggest shock to me has been school...I wasn't sure Laura was going to survive in a larger classroom setting. Northpoint brought her SO far....she didn't even hardly know her ABC's 3 years ago...she couldn't read, write her name or let alone add numbers. So far at the new school, she has gotten all A's & B's, has made new friends and comes home every day with the biggest smile. Most days I get, "today was the best momma". I wanted to cry at the parent teacher conference because they said she was holding her on and they didn't see any major signs of struggling. I got in my car and just gave the biggest shout out to God and said, THANK YOU...you knew exactly where we needed to be". Thank you for not letting that private schol work out, so we can afford for me to stay at home. Thank you for letting me be so close to home so I could rush to the hospital and be with my family last week when we lost our dear Aunt Pug. Laura was recently able to have some one on one time with Aunt Pug before her passing and I am so grateful. She is now getting to spend a lot of time with aunts and cousins she hasn't been around much. She loves letting her Aunt Nette pick her up from school for ice cream! They are pouring into her and I love watching her laugh with them. I love being close to my parents and enjoy letting them have time with her so I can travel with Gary some. We are taking some much needed time off from competitive cheer as well and just focusing on tumbling. We thought it would be a good idea to keep things simple for awhile. We have been visiting Broadmoor Baptist and feel right at home. Moral of the story is, sometimes our plan is not God's plan. TRUST and he will lead you. Believe he knows what is best. If you ever doubt his plan, just read back to my very first post from 3 years ago. Jerm 29:11..."For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord". I miss DeSoto County so much, but we are so happy here too. Gary is doing well in his new job and is having fun. He says its very interesting and not the same ole boring law stuff day in and day out ha! Here are a few pics...we got to get Laura's brothers last weekend and they are doing so good. I keep praying for God's blessing in their lives...he knows where they are headed and I trust that plan. Thank GOD for The Palmer Home.
 |
| We are so proud of you daddy! |
 |
First day of school-Madison Ave Upper Elementary! Mrs. James & Mrs. Long |
 |
| Visit with brothers! |
 |
| New house :-) |
 |
| Fun day at school! |
 |
| Pumpkins with Aunt Darlene! |
 |
| Getting to see dad's new office. |
No comments:
Post a Comment