Last night laying in bed, I thought about this blog I use to keep for Laura's adoption. I thought how long it had been since I actually posted an update. School, church, work, activities...just life in general gets in the way and I forget to update. My hopes for this blog is that it helps at least just one person understand that God's plan is definitely greater than our own plan. If you are unfamiliar with our story, go back to the very first post in 2011 when God revealed what his plan was for our family. I still sit in amazement and feel overly blessed that He trusted us with this gift.
Laura is now in middle school-ugh, I can't believe I just said that. Middle school...6th grade. She has adjusted well, has a lot of friends, participated in her first Disciple Now and is in the process of talking about getting baptized. She continues to play soccer, tumble and has added dance to the list this past year. The time is flying by of course!
As we hit the pre-teen/teen years, I pray that God will bless her with good girl friends. I pray that she will understand our reasonings for limiting social media, internet access and group chats. This technology world is a difficult one to navigate, so I am grateful to have a circle of friends to do life with.
Gary has two more years in his term...he absolutely loves his job. I am not even worried about where we land after its over because if there is one thing I have learned, God is in control! For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.-Jeremiah 29:11.
I am a little over three years working at Broadmoor Baptist Church as the HR Coordinator. I have learned so much in this role and am grateful for opportunities that help me continue to grow.
Thank you Lord...thank you for loving us, forgiving us for ever doubting your plan and most of all thank you for my family.








No comments:
Post a Comment